The Information We Collect
You do not have to give us personally identifiable information in order to access certain of our Services. However, while using our Services, you may be able to search, buy, rent on products/properties, participate in a survey, complete a questionnaire or other “information request” form, or otherwise subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters, participate in one of our online forums/communities, express an opinion or communicate with our customer service. In order to utilize, participate in or otherwise access such products, services or other offerings, you may be required to provide us with your personally identifiable information, which is information that, alone or in combination with other information, allows us to identify you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, information relating to a support or service issue.
How We Use the Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we share personally identifiable information collected through our Services with unaffiliated third parties only as described below
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling orders, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links) and providing customer service. In connection with their performance of functions on our behalf, we may share personally identifiable information with such companies and individuals as needed for them to perform their functions, but we do not permit such entities and individuals to use personally identifiable information for other purposes.
- Third Party Promotions: We may send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of unaffiliated businesses that want to market their products or services to you, and as part of these promotional offers we may sell or disclose certain of your personally identifiable information to such unaffiliated businesses.
- In-House Promotions: We may on occasion combine information we receive through our Services with outside records to enhance our ability to market our products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Protection of Our Services and Others: We reserve the right to release personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of YFVCC, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other unaffiliated third parties in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice and have the opportunity to withhold consent when personally identifiable information about you might be shared with unaffiliated third parties.
- User Submissions: If you participate in any online forum/communities, chat sessions and/or blogs, or otherwise post in any user comment field visible to other users of our Services, any information that you submit or post will be visible to and may be read, collected or used by others who use our Services. We are not responsible for any information, including personally identifiable information, you choose to submit in any such user comment field.
Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information
Except where we believe the release of your personally identifiable information is necessary or appropriate
(a) To allow third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf or
(b) To comply with law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
Third Party Online Advertising
- We use third-party advertising companies to provide advertisements to you when you use our Services. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your use of our Services and other websites and services in order to show you advertisements tailored to your interests on our Services and other interactive media and/or to keep track of your response to each ad.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- To enhance your experience with our Services, many of our Web pages use “cookies.” Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s or mobile device’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or reveal other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at one or more of our websites. However, once you choose to furnish us with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
- “Web beacons” or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a Web page to monitor behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Web page. For example, Web beacons or similar technology can be used to count the users who visit a website or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use Web beacons or similar technology on our Services from time to time for this and other purposes.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites, Services, Ad Servers and Sponsors
Our Commitment to Security
We have in place what we believe to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access of, maintain data security for and correctly use the personally identifiable information you have provided or that we otherwise collect through our Services. HOWEVER, WHILE SUCH EFFORTS ARE INTENDED TO ENSURE THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO US AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ABSOLUTE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, your computer and your mobile device(s). Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Additionally, change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure Web browser.
Access to and use of any of our Services is subject to compliance with the applicable Service’s Terms and Conditions.
Updates and Effective Date